[ppml] Revising Centrally Assigned ULA draft

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sat Jun 16 14:32:24 EDT 2007

Owen,

On Jun 16, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Therefore, the right thing to do is let ARIN manage
> address space and let people who run routers manage the routing
> table.  This artificial management of routing table space through RIR
> policy simply doesn't work in a v6 world.

Just to be clear I understand, to summarize what I think you (and
others) are saying:

a) RIR policies shouldn't be used to attempt to constrain (IPv6)
routing system growth
b) IPv6 PI space should be available to everyone who requests it

Is this accurate?

(I'm not disagreeing, I just want to understand the underlying rules)

Thanks,
-drc