[ppml] Suggestion for ARIN to deligate smaller IP blocks

Paul_Vixie at isc.org Paul_Vixie at isc.org
Sat Jun 9 19:34:11 EDT 2007

> I would agree, the knowledge required to setup and multihome with BGP is not
> something that everyone in mass will just know.  I have helped many smaller
> ISP's with BGP issues, as it's just not something that everyone learns.  So
> this alone would keep every joe from a /24, or I would think..

my experience is, if this is where the value proposition is, there will be
consultants, training, appliances, a whole support market for it.  just like
"dialup ISP in a box" or "web ASP in a box" or "spam engine in a box" or
"botnet in a box".  the people who see and want the value can pay money and
absolutely will make a market in that value.

remember that most of the paper spam sent to postal addresses from "whois"
are from people who do not know what "whois" is or where the addresses came
from.  middlemen are everywhere.  don't underestimate their levelling powers.