[ppml] Difference between ULA-C and PI

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Jun 8 15:37:29 EDT 2007

On 7-jun-2007, at 16:28, Owen DeLong wrote:

> As near as I can tell, the only difference between ULA-C and PI
> is that ULA-C will potentially have slightly more breakage than PI
> because some ISPs will filter at least some of it (as they
> theoretically should).

> Beyond that, ULA-C is distinguishable from PI only in the minds
> of the people who imagine it is a good idea.

Are you STILL on this??

Even assuming all the other stuff is true (which it isn't), your
position is only valid if PI and ULA-C are equally easy/hard to get.
And obviously ULA-C must be very easy to get to do its job, while PI
is only easy to get for an incredibly tiny percentage of the
organizations connected to the internet.