[ppml] [address-policy-wg] Those pesky ULAs again

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sat Jun 2 11:22:21 EDT 2007

On 31-mei-2007, at 23:52, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> The IETF did half the work, then bailed
> on the other half of the work.

What's the other half of the work?

> All the good stuff about TCP that
> would survive address changes, A6/DNAME, etc, etc etc has been
> dropped.  Now they want the operational world to clean up the mess.

How exactly did you intend to deploy A6?

I agree (if that is what you're saying) that it's a shame that all
the work on tools that would have made renumbering easier has been
abandoned, but I'm not aware of any parts of the operational world
asking for easier renumbering, they want to avoid renumbering at
pretty much all costs.

> I think it's absolutely the right thing to complain to the IETF.

Sure, complain about what the IETF is doing wrong TODAY. Complaining
about what they did wrong a decade ago isn't going to do all that
much good.