[ppml] rubber/road

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Jun 1 06:23:36 EDT 2007

michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
[..]
>> one thing is sure: IPv4 address space won't be available
>> anymore from the RIRs in a couple of years. The blackmarket
>> will have it for you though.
>
> If companies actually NEED the addresses they have been allocated, then
> it will not be on the black market. If they don't need it and also do
> not return it to the RIRs for reallocation then they could well be
> committing fraud which is not a wise thing to do in these days of
> Sarbannes-Oxley etc. etc.

Does SO also cover that, cool, so it has a use.
Fortunately for some that I don't play rat ;)

Several other people have also already reported that $companyX was
trying to buy IPv4 address space from them for rather nice figures of
money ;)

Good to know that there is at least some form of law against. I do
hope though that something like that is also available in the rest of
the world.

Greets,
 Jeroen