[ppml] Motivating migration to IPv6

Kirk Ismay captain at netidea.com
Tue Jul 31 18:05:18 EDT 2007

>  Scalability is the downside.
>

>  I am all in favour of giving out exactly one IPv6 block (of PI space)
>  per ASN, sized appropriately (e.g. sufficient for 10-20 year needs
>  at least).

This makes a lot of sense to me.  How about a policy that:

a)  allows any organization to request an IPv6 allocation of a suitably
sized block to so long as they have an existing RSA, ASN and IPv4
allocation.

b) includes a clause that allows legacy IPv4 holders to be able to also
get a block by signing an RSA (carrot approach).

Note: I have not worked with IPv6 as of yet, so I'm not sure if I've
wrapped my head around just how big IPv6 is.

--

Sincerely,
Kirk Ismay

--