[ppml] PIv6 for legacy holders (/w RSA + efficient use)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Jul 31 04:11:08 EDT 2007

>>> For example, if the legacy end-user registrants had a short,
>>> well-publicized opportunity to get an IPv6 PI assignment before
>>> the window permanently closed, for which they had to pay $500 and
>>> then continue paying $100/year...
>> the real question is how much we would have to pay them to use it.
> Then you wouldn't object if the folks who are willing to pay you
> (instead of you paying them) got some IPv6 PI space from ARIN and
> started pressuring their service providers to connect it?

i have no problem with folk getting ipv6 space and looking for a transit
provider.  we were the first provider in the world to offer it.  smirk.

but you deleted the core of my point.  where ipv6 is actually gaining
some deployment, japan, korea, china, ... it has been heavily subsidized.

to date, this looks to have been the only way to get folk making
rational, albeit short term, business decisions to get on the v6 train.

randy