[ppml] PIv6 for legacy holders (/w RSA + efficient use)

Colin Alston colin at thusa.co.za
Mon Jul 30 13:03:57 EDT 2007

On 30/07/2007 17:32 Kevin Kargel wrote:

> Well, I tell you what, I am sitting primed and ready to deploy v6, I
> have my allocation and have plugged it in to my edge routers, but
> neither my tier2 nor my tier3 providers offer it here yet.  The question
> of v4 vs. v6 is basically moot until v6 is available on the common
> backbones.

You have hit upon the nail, as it were. The nail of the thumb that is.

If you wait until your backbone provisions v6, and that comes late
(due to the significantly larger scale of their task) you are going to
land yourself in an emergency situation which will cost far more money
to recover from than early adoption - or at the very least a clear
plan and prior groundwork.

--
Colin Alston <colin at thusa.co.za>     ______
Linux & Internet Services           /\_\_\_\