[ppml] PIv6 for legacy holders (/w RSA + efficient use)

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sun Jul 29 22:42:43 EDT 2007

Paul,

On Jul 29, 2007, at 9:09 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:
> the
> problem with this is that any IPv4-only target (like a web site) will
> not be reachable to any IPv6-only initiator.

I don't see this as a big concern: "IPv6-only" does not preclude the
use of RFC 1918 and NAT if you assume ISPs will continue to be able
to provide /32s as IPv4 NAT end points for the foreseeable future (a
safe bet, I'd argue).  One might even envision a business model where
ISPs obtain additional revenues by leasing IPv4 PA /32s for customer
servers...

Rgds,
-drc