[ppml] Dean Anderson, 130.105.0.0/16 and the future of the IPv4 Internet.

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Wed Jul 25 13:27:54 EDT 2007

On 24 Jul 2007, Paul Vixie wrote:

> dean at av8.com (Dean Anderson) writes:

> > I think you still fail to grasp that ARIN is an agent of IANA, that is
> > to say, the US Government; That the records and assignments belong
> > ultimately to the government, not to ARIN.
>
> for the record, this is completely wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up with all those references.

> > ...  [I quit RADB when Susan Harris blocked my email from
> > Merit.  That block was part of the 1990's retaliation for saying that
> > Antitrust applied to blacklists and ECPA applied to ISPs. Others quit
> > for similar reasons.]
>
> for the record, you sure seem to think a lot of people are retaliating
> against you, and you sure do seem to know a lot of unnamed others.

Yeah it is a lot. But not a lot when you consider the whole of the
internet operations staff, over 10 year period.  You have high turnover.

Of course, millions of dollars are at stake in some of these schemes for
you and your co-conspirators. While this isn't really the right forum,
lets consider for a moment some income related to the schemes:

  Anycast Root DNS income (millions)
  Income from DNS sales (especially if you had gotten AXFR clarify
though) (millions)
  Income from "listwashing" services (how much is this worth?)
  Income from spamming. (millions)
  Income from anti-spam services. (millions)

I'm sure I missed some things. This list is just off the top of my head.

And I wonder who owns the undisclosed patents on the 3 DNS standards
that I complained about in 2005, and was told that RFC 3979 wasn't the
policy of the IETF, and that discussion or complaints about patents were
not on-topic.

		--Dean

617 344 9000