[ppml] Dean Anderson, 130.105.0.0/16 and the future of the IPv4 Internet.

Per Heldal heldal at eml.cc
Wed Jul 25 08:33:25 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 18:45 -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> I think you still fail to grasp that ARIN is an agent of IANA, that is
> to say, the US Government; That the records and assignments belong
> ultimately to the government, not to ARIN.

I don't think you should put too much emphasis on the connection to the
us government. The ARIN function will eventually be placed where it is
most convenient for the community at large. We've already seen an
"uprising" where the RIRs through the NRO nearly had a number of ARIN
responsibilities removed from ICANN.

//per