[ppml] Policy Proposal: Authentication of Legacy Resources

Cliff Bedore cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com
Tue Jul 10 14:01:16 EDT 2007

There has been a lot of talk about taking some action to "induce" legacy
holders to sign up with ARIN.  Without getting into specifics of who is
to blame, I'd point to the US problems in Iraq as an example of how
wrong things can go when someone takes an action to "help" someone
else.  The law of unintended consequences would certainly apply here and
I would think ARIN would want to tread very lightly before they change
the status quo for legacy holders other than by an appropriate carrot
(if then).

Cliff