[ppml] Policy Proposal: Authentication of Legacy Resources

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Tue Jul 10 12:33:31 EDT 2007

I hope that both of these barriers are lowered by this policy proposal.

1: The proposal specifically asks ARIN to do an outreach to legacy holders, publish how to establish those formal relationships, and sets an 18 month time frame to accomplish the outreach project.
2: The proposal also specifically calls for a version of the RSA which would protect the usage of assignments for legacy holders and basically ignore utilization requirements on legacy assignments as long as an organization does not request additional address space from ARIN.

Andrew