[ppml] Incentive to legacy address holders

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Jul 9 14:17:14 EDT 2007

I guess you think your pretty smart in that you have outlined a
situation you think isn't solvable in IPv4.

So, when all your customers have switched over to IPv6 and are
demanding that you do the same, it appears to me you will be still
in exactly the same circumstances.  You customers will still be natting
under IPv6 - if you don't think so, go ask them now.

So what are you going to do then
Mr. Smarty?  You won't have any legacy class C to fall back on since
there isn't an equivalent in IPv6?

People can always justify not even trying to follow the rules.

Ted

PS  Cisco wrote back-to-back translation to solve exactly this issue.