[ppml] Policy Proposal: Resource Reclamation Incentives

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Mon Jul 2 12:04:44 EDT 2007

In general I support the idea to provide a policy that would allow legacy holders to exchange or reduce their assignments easily.  A few notes below.

Andrew

>  On 6/28/07, OWEN DELONG <[LINK: mailto:owen at delong.com] owen at delong.com>

>  1.      If the organization does not currently pay
>  ARIN
>  fees, they shall remain fee exempt.

 I would support a fee waiver for a specific number of years (maybe 10?) not an indefinite waiver.

>  2.      If the organization currently pays ARIN
>  fees,
>  their fees shall be waived for two years
>  for
>  each /20 equivalent returned, with any
>  fractional /20
>  equivalent resulting in a one-time single
>  year waiver.

Here I would like to see a cap on the maximum number of years they receive a fee waiver.

>  3.      Any organization returning address space
>  under
>  this policy shall continue under their
>  existing
>  RSA or they may choose to sign the current
>  RSA.
>  For organizations which currently do not
>  have an RSA, they may sign the current
>  RSA, or,
>  they may choose to remain without an RSA.

I personally believe that any action that an organization has with an RIR at this point should be done with a valid RSA in place.