[ppml] Policy Proposal: Changes to IPv6 policy - removal of "interim" consideration

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Mon Jan 29 12:49:02 EST 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 4:04 PM, Member Services wrote:

[...]

> Delete following text at section 6.1.1. of NRMP:
>
> "This policy is considered to be an interim policy. It will be
> reviewed
> in the future, subject to greater experience in the administration
> of IPv6."

The strangest thing about this proposal is that it seeks to remove a
statement about the interim nature of the IPv6 policy but has been
submitted alongside other proposals to modify that same policy. If
the policy is being actively revised it is strange to remove the
statement that it "will be reviewed in the future, subject to greater
experience in the administration of IPv6."

I suspect that people considering an IPv6 deployment are unlikely to
be dissuaded by the statement but there's probably no harm in re-
phrasing it a bit and putting it near the start of the NRPM so that
it applies to IPv4 and ASN policy, too.

Leo Vegoda
IANA Numbers Liaison