[ppml] Policy Proposal: Removal of Ipv6 Operational Information from NRPM

cja@daydream.com packetgrrl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:33:42 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I would like to have some discussion here about this.   For the time being I
have withdrawn this proposal.  The reason is that it seems that the
information that it strikes is information that the ARIN staff uses to help
guide LIRs to assign reasonable blocks to their customers.  When an LIR
assigns /40s to each of its customers just because, ARIN can point to the
guidelines as to what more reasonable assignments are.  It is pretty much a
given that this information needs to exist somewhere but it's not quite
policy.  I'd like your thoughts about this.

One idea is to have a document that's like the NRPM but contains operational
guidelines for LIRs.  Maybe like an NPOG (Number Policy Operational
Guidelines).

Thanks!
----Cathy