[ppml] Policy Proposal: Definition of known ISP and changes to

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Aug 31 09:34:18 EDT 2007

> I took a few shots for that but it sound like you're offering the same
> thought.

the important observation is that ipv4 its start through a swamp and if we
want ipv6 to get a start we might have to allow a swamp also.  remembering
that the ipv4 swamp used to be a huge portion of the total ipv4 table, the
most recent couple hundred thousand prefixes added have dwarfed the swamp.

> Everybody keeps talking about the huge address space for v6 but all that
> space is wasted if nobody uses it.

yes.