[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv6 Assignment Guidelines - version 3

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Aug 24 18:32:37 EDT 2007

In a message written on Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:14:42PM -0400, Howard, W. Lee wrote:
> > So all Michael's policy would do would be to change the application
> > to be on requests 3-n, where as without it it would apply to 2-n.
> > Which is why I submit the are orthogonal.
>
> I was with you until this.  What are "2-n" and "3-n"?

As it stands now, there is

initial allocation, additional request, additional request ...

That is, requests 2-n are additional requests, where this policy would
come into play.

With Michael's idea, the path could be:

initial allocation, mulligan, additional request, additional request ...

Making requests 3-n additional requests where this policy would come
into play.