[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Soft Landing (version 2.0)

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Wed Aug 22 19:54:43 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 04:44:44PM -0700, David Conrad wrote:
> > -Let it run out.
>
> An understandable position to take.  I'll admit I am somewhat
> skeptical that governments around the world will be willing to accept
> this approach.

This may sound horribly cynical, but do you think governments will
sufficiently understand the problem and then be able to take any sort
of meaningful action before The End?

Simply due to the timeline involved, I'm fairly certain that any
governmental action will be after the fact.  At that point, it simply
won't matter.

-David