[ppml] Policy Proposal: ISP to LIR Clarification

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Aug 22 18:30:26 EDT 2007

In a message written on Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 05:06:26PM -0400, Azinger, Marla wrote:
> -However before it goes forward it needs edit done to add one
>  more change. 4.2.1.1 needs ISP changed to LIR.

The proposal as written changes all instances of ISP to LIR, including
the one in 4.2.1.1.  There are only a few exceptions spelled out where
the meaning of ISP seems to not be the same as LIR (hence some of the
current confusion.  The text of my proposal is below:

] Replace all instances of the word "ISP" in the NRPM with the word "LIR"
] and replace all instances of the phrase "LIR/ISP" with "LIR", except for
] the following:
]
] * Leave section 2.4 unchanged.
] * Leave section 2.7 unchanged.
] * In section 4.1.1, replace "ISPs" with "requesters".
] * In section 4.2, also remove "Internet Service Providers".
] * Leave section 6.2.4 unchanged.
] * Leave section 6.3.4 unchanged.
] * In section 6.9, replace "ISPs and LIRs" with "LIRs" for all three
] occurrence.

Since writing, one of my fellow AC members has pointed out I had a
numbering error.  Where I refrence section 4.2 above, what it should
have really refrenced was 4.2.1.1.  There's no text between the 4.2
bullet and the 4.2.1.1 text, I simply mistakenly wrote down the wrong
bullet point.  I will be submitting a revision of the proposal to
address this one minor numbering issue.

You may be referencing the same thing I am in that bullet point,
in section 4.2.1.1 is "Internet Service Providers (ISPs)", all of
which needs to be replaced with "LIR".