[ppml] Policy Proposal: Definition of known ISP and changes to IPv6 initial allocation criteria

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Aug 22 16:20:25 EDT 2007

In a message written on Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 12:51:27PM -0400, Member Services wrote:
> Replace 6.5.1.1 (d) with the following text:
>
>      d.  be an existing ISP in the ARIN region or have a plan for
>          making assignments to at least 200 separate organizations
>          within five years.

In my IPv6 Policy Housekeeping proposal, recently sent to PPML I
proposed similar language, which was discovered today during AC review
of the various proposals.  Here's the language from the other proposal:

] Change I:
]
]    In section 6.5.1.1.d, replace the existing statement with the new
]    statement:
]
]        "be an existing, known ISP in the ARIN region or have a plan for
]         making at least 200 end-site assignments to other organizations
]         within 5 years."

Were both proposals to pass, are these substantially similar enough
that the AC could use either one to serve the purpose?