[ppml] IPv6 Assignment Guidelines, Straw Man #2

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Tue Aug 21 11:28:41 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 10:15:11AM +0100, michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
> There just aren't very many large campus-type facilities around that
> won't fit into a /48.

...and most such orgs will find a way to qualify as an ISP and get a
/32 anyway.

Given that we now all agree that essentially no one will need anything
more than a /48 for an end-site, what is it in Leo's proposal that you
don't like?  If anything, it's perhaps unnecessary...but it still
strikes me as a good idea to track any assignment larger than /48.

-David