[ppml] Technical reason why /52,/56,/60,/64 are bad

Christopher Morrow christopher.morrow at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 23:59:17 EDT 2007

On 8/19/07, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> ahh, so that is why we had A, B, and C space.  and ever since CIDR we
> have been unable to evaluate efficient utilization.  now what did i not
> think of that?  sheesh!  silly me.

and wonderfully again we baked in those classes in the
hardware/software! :) I think it'd be nice if we had the option to
build networks (ipv6 ones) and supply customers with what they need,
but lots of engineering/design time went into making a lot of
decisions for us :( So, you can't expect RA to work with prefixes <>
64 bits, but you can't expect RA to do everything we get with DHCP
anyway, so maybe that's "ok" ?

-Chris