[ppml] hoarding (was Policy Proposal: Expand timeframe of Additional Requests)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Sat Aug 18 16:40:17 EDT 2007

david conrad quoted me...

...and then wrote:

> This is a red herring.  Would calling the things that are being
> bought and sold "Address IRUs" make you (and Steve Ryan) feel better?

addresses aren't available on an IRU basis.  don't call this a red herring
while RFC 2050 and all of the RIR contracts and bylaws all say that addresses
aren't assets, aren't transferrable, and are only made available on the basis
of "need to connect".  if you want to convert this to a red herring, then i
suggest we talk about ways to do that, rather than declaring it to be so.