[ppml] dual-stack (was Re: Expand timeframe of AdditionalRequests )

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu Aug 16 14:19:56 EDT 2007

No, I suspect what the ISP's will do is tell the customers they have
a choice:

$15.95 a month DSL with IPv6 only
$150.95 a month DSL with IPv4 only

Then they will tell the customer if they want the cheap connectivity
(substitute T1/Cable/ISDN/your preferred connectivity in place of DSL)
to buy the $399.99 Linksys BEF-BEFV6-R6  IPv6 to IPv4 Proxy Gateway.
(Substitute dlink/netgear/airlink/etc.etc. for Linksys)

A product that is most likely on the drawing board at these companies
right now, merely awaiting the marketing department's analysis of when it
will
become profitable to start selling them.

Ted