[ppml] too many variables

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri Aug 10 14:05:37 EDT 2007

Leo,

  I think you should take your old Xbox and load Linux on it,
you can get it here:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Download

  Then load Quagga on that and route your BGP with it, you can
get that here:

http://www.quagga.net/

  Then when that is up and running call in your router vendor
sales representative and ask him why should all of us bother buying
new routers when we can just use any old Xbox to do the same
thing, faster.

  maybe that might shame them into actually designing product with
-current- technology.

  Is it just me that finds it deplorable that the large router
vendors see fit to charge billions of bucks for technology that
any current microwave oven controller could knock into a cocked hat?

Ted