[ppml] alternative realities

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Tue Aug 7 15:42:55 EDT 2007

Ted,

On Aug 7, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> When we see Windows Vista reaching 50% penetration and the "post
> Vista" windows OS at 20% penetration, and the "pre Vista" os's at
> 30% penetration of all Windows desktops, that will then be the time
> to start discussing migration of SOHO end users independently
> connected to ISPs, to IPv6.

An interesting theory.  But doesn't this assume that the content
those users want to gain access to is also available on IPv6?  And
why would those content providers assume the cost of deploying IPv6
if there are no customers to use it?

Regards,
-drc
(who has given up and turned off IPv6 in my laptop because it was too
annoying to wait for IPv6 to fail before falling back to IPv4)