[ppml] alternative realities (was PIv6 for legacy holders (/wRSA + efficient use))

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Aug 2 14:12:01 EDT 2007

> Whatever alternate reality we end up with, I think we can trust network
> operators to do what's in their best interest, and to find a way to
> effectively deal with IPv4 deaggregation, as long as we don't completely
> abandon aggregation and hierarchical allocation.
>
> -Scott

the use of the word "we" above intrigues me.  what natural predator will
keep the deaggregation animal from overrunning our habitat?  filtering
will be like a broad spectrum poison, killing a little bit of everything.
who is this "we" that you think is going to do the right thing when all
of the wrong things are being done distantly from "us"?

paul

ps. not speaking as an arin trustee.