[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

Stacy Taylor ipgoddess at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:13:59 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,
I was a documented opponent to 2006-7, for the reasons I have already
stated and still believe.  That being said, I need to echo Marla's
statements about the AC vote.  The AC did move to abandon, but because
there was no consensus to either move it forward or work with the
author.  The dividing issue on this policy was not wordsmithing, or
any other small qualification that the author could change.  It was
the very heart of the proposal - whether or not end users should
qualify for /24s direct from ARIN - that was the point of contention
of the community, and it was the opinion of the majority of the AC
that the policy be abandoned for lack of consensus on that point.
I will be happy to engage in the discussion of merits of this concept
should a new policy be generated.
Really good meeting, everyone.  Thank you!
Stacy

:):)
/S