[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-1 - Last Call

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri Apr 27 03:22:26 EDT 2007

> When I read the policy proposal 2007-1, my vision of five steps was
> from Pat Blow's keys signed by Menynty Encyunse in Elbonia, signed by
> the mythical $mail-troll, signed by someone that has legacy space but
> managed to have PGP keys signed by ARIN.
>
> Perhaps the vision of the authors would be more along the lines of
> "IP-admin-role-of-Bill's-Bait-n-Sushi-ISP" signed by
> "Bill's-Bait-n-Sushi-ISP" signed by ARIN.

Exactly! The trajectory of the chain is more important than an absolute
number of steps in the chain. But this kind of thing does not belong in
the policy. If possible, I'd like to see the AC fix the wording before
going to the board. Outside of policy, I'd like the BoT to instruct ARIN
staff to publish the details of their technical practice regarding
authentication, and have that practice reviewed by someone with
recognized security expertise.

--Michael Dillon