[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Thu Apr 26 12:49:27 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 04:01:56PM -0400, Member Services wrote:
> Policy Proposal 2007-6
> IPv4 PI minimum size change
>
> The ARIN Advisory Council (AC), acting under the provisions of the ARIN
> Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process (IRPEP), determined that
> there is not community consensus in favor of the proposal and abandoned
> it.

While I agree that there's not community consensus, I'm disappointed
that the AC chose to ignore the half of the people in the room who
voted in favor of this proposal by not choosing to work to revise the
proposal.

As the author, I agree that the proposal needs additional modification
to be a viable part of existing policy.  (Indeed, other parts of the PI
policy may need work.)  Still, there's fairly strong interest in doing
something to make the PI policy a bit more level.  (I also had someone
express interest to me in modifying the PA minimum allocation level to
/24 as well.  If I do propose that, it will be a separate proposal from
any new PI proposal.)  Given that interest, I think a different choice
by the AC might have been appropriate.

-David