[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-1 - Last Call

Edward Lewis Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz
Thu Apr 26 11:27:15 EDT 2007

I thought I understood Randy's objection, but after a re-read I don't
think I do.  Still, I believe that any chain relying on non-ARIN
(approved) trusted introductions is a bad idea.

Let's say I get someone to sign a key for me with an identity of Owen
DeLong.  If ARIN accepts that someone as a trusted introducer, then
how can ARIN distinguish between templates submitted by me signed
with my Owen key and templates Owen genuinely submits?

Authorization policy is undermined by weakness in the authentication method.

By ARIN-approved, I mean either ARIN-only or some set of other
established Internet organizations (like AfriNIC, IETF, etc.), or
even some set of ARIN members that have a good track record in being
trusted to introduce.  The latter to me is a bit of a stretch.