[ppml] 240/4

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Tue Apr 24 17:58:40 EDT 2007

240/4 is essentially useless space at this point. If it were defined for use
by Greenfield deployments that only included new stack implementations that
did not need to talk to the 'old world', then it could be used. There are
very few deployments that would only include self-contained new
implementations though, as people would naturally want to mix in their
existing equipment rather than run parallel address spaces for old & new. If
one were going to go down that path, it would make more sense to use IPv6
for the new implementation. The only real argument for using 240/4 is
existing staff training.

Tony