[ppml] mail auth proposals, was Re: the "other"...

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Apr 9 11:37:00 EDT 2007

      On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Edward Lewis wrote:
    > What about the "legacy" or pre-ARIN space in the database?  I don't
    > know if we can arrange a trust relationship with anyone that has
    > never agreed to ARIN's management of the, umm, registrations.

I think that's one of the benefits of PGP: no direct relationship is
needed between ARIN and the POC.  If the POC has a key, and the key has
been signed within a certain number of steps, you're good to go.  The
X.509 implementation required that the POC and ARIN enter into a
heavy-weight contractual relationship.  I think the numbers speak for
themselves, on the success of that experiment.

                                -Bill