[ppml] IPv4 exhaustion - so what?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Apr 7 21:51:51 EDT 2007

      On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Martin Hannigan wrote:
    > This is ARIN, not the "other" four RIR's, nor is it NSI.

I don't think I'm getting your point, Marty.  Are you suggesting that it's
somehow more difficult for ARIN to get things done, so we shouldn't ask
for parity with the level of services provided in the rest of the world?

    > There seems to be a belief that there is a knob to turn
    > it on and off.

Yes.  That knob is called "a little bit of hard work."  Since it's not
work that anybody is asking you to do, could you clarify your objection?
Do you think that crypto is a bad idea?  Do you think everybody should
have to live with mail-from forever?

                                -Bill