[ppml] My view on IPv4 (was: Re: IPv4 wind-down)

Lee Dilkie Lee at Dilkie.com
Tue Apr 3 14:11:20 EDT 2007

> - it's unfair that more than 50% of all IPv4 address space is held by
> US entities which then get to make a lot of money from them, while
> the developing world holds next to no address space and would have to
> buy it from richer countries

What's unfair is that the western world have spent trillions of their
own money developing everything from steam power to air travel to space
travel, advanced medicines and, yes, even the internet. And the
developing nations benefit from all that work by being able to take
advantage of the finished product without having had to foot the bill.

Now you think that somehow that's not enough, that the western nations
"owe" you even more than that? I think when western nations can tax
developing nations to support these projects, just like they taxed me,
then you can have a "fair" leg to stand on.

-lee