[ppml] Address Space versus Routing Slots

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue May 9 01:51:16 EDT 2006

>   - If the goal is to make PI available to pretty much everyone with
> zero or very little cost, the only even half-reasonable approach seems
> to be geographical allocation, with all of its warts and issues.  At
> least that gives some hope of serious aggregation down the road, and
> if aggregated, minimizes sites' TE abuse of DFZ.

Pekka,
  Aggregation is NOT the solution.  The need for aggregation is proof
that we have failed to develop a scalable routing architecture.  Why
are so many people determined to preserve this failure? It makes no
sense to me.  Why not look for a scalable routing solution that can
be depolyed without requiring aggregation?

Owen

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.