[ppml] Address Space versus Routing Slots

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue May 9 01:07:47 EDT 2006

> Vince Fuller wrote:
> Those slides were written in the spirit of optimism and playing nice
> within the IETF. In an earlier, less politically-correct version of
> the slides, that bullet point had some sort of plea for the IESG/IAB
> to not actively sabotage an effort should a group of people choose
> to start one. No doubt that is way too much ask, given the various
> egos and vested interests involved in the current failure-track
> "solution".

Sigh.

>> Reality check: PI sucks. Do you have a solution with
>> reasonable chances of adoption that sucks less?

> Not given the political climate within the IETF. But each
> of us has to tilt at a windmill once in a while.

Guilty as charged.

> there probably isn't much point in continuing this discussion... :-)

Although we disagree on the course of action, we mostly agree on the
assessment of the current situation. I felt that a few people in this
discussion were well on their way to tilting at the same windmill; I
hope I have convinced some not to embark in the same wild goose chase.

Michel.