[ppml] Proposed Change to AC Initial Review Period

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Jan 25 10:31:13 EST 2006

> Would it make more sense to leave the submission calendar flexible as
is,
> but require an author to submit a "pre-policy proposal" to the ppml 10
days
> before submitting the formal proposal in order to solicit positive
> feedback...and of course allow the industry to boo them off the
proposal?

I think that one of the advantages in having a fixed
publication schedule is that you can send a heads-up
announcement to the members list and get more members
to join the PPML discussions. This brings more diverse
viewpoints to the discussions rather than the same
old set of people hammering on the same positions.

There is nothing preventing anyone from testing an
idea on PPML before submitting a proposal. I've done
that in the past.

--Michael Dillon