[ppml] 2005-1 status

Daniel Golding dgolding at burtongroup.com
Mon Jan 23 21:55:11 EST 2006

On 1/23/06 6:20 PM, "Geoff Huston" <gih at apnic.net> wrote:

> At 08:18 AM 24/01/2006, Daniel Golding wrote:
>
>> That is proof by assertion. The routing table has grown relatively slowly,
>
> Relative to what?

Well, there's not too much I can compare it with, but earlier cries of doom
and disaster have largely proven false. See: discussion regarding RFC2547
VPNs, for example.

>> and there is NO reason to think it will grow faster under IPv6.

[snip]

Ok, let me be clear - I don't think there are inherent properties of the
IPv6 protocol suite that will cause more folks to multihome during a given
time interval. Organizations multihome for business reasons, and those
drivers will be similar regardless of the underlying protocol.

--
Daniel Golding