[ppml] Policy without consensus?

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Mon Jan 23 16:50:53 EST 2006

That puts us in a difficult position.  The process says we can
only ratify a policy is there is evidence of consensus.  The
only exception would be in case of an emergency, and I think
we're a couple of years from an emergency.
  http://www.arin.net/policy/irpep.html

> A consensus PP was attempted. It failed. Now, we should
> attempt to craft the
> best possible PP for the greatest number of folks, and try to see it
> through. The AC and Board can move forward without consensus
> if the need is
> there. I think that should be done rarely, but this may be
> one of those cases.

I'd have a hard time presenting this as an emergency.

Lee