[ppml] ARIN's Interpretation of 2003-3

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Jan 18 21:27:25 EST 2006

>> I assumed that the policy was talking about the entire address, in
>> part based on the fact that "street name and number" wasn't generally
>> called out in the discussion.
> as words such as "zip code" have a restricted cultural context, this
> whole discussion seems odd.

private comment indicates i may have been too terse.  how unusual.

when 2003-3 made the address info private, it should not have been
necessary to attempt to specify each ort of each culture's way of
specifying address.  the idea was to make the location of the user
private, end, period, stop pedantic silly word lawyer games, find
useful work to do, ...

randy