[ppml] Fw: IRS goes IPv6!

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Feb 22 16:42:14 EST 2006

> You effectively said they would not be considered 'service providers' when
> applying for IPv6 space because they do not currently operate using the
> 'internet' protocol (implies IPv4).

s/implies/you imply/

> They are clearly providing a service that interconnects multiple
> customers, so their crime of historically using a different
> protocol appears to be excluding them from the club with access
> to address space for the new protocol.

what ever are you smoking?

we have pretty good policies where folk who actually need internet
address space get it according to their needs.  having four wheeled
vehicles that go between places is currently not in the set of
methods used to justify those needs.  if you think that trucking
should be part of the ipv6 address architecture, then the ivtf
would be a great place to discuss that, as ops clue and simplicity
would get in the way.

randy