[ppml] Fw: IRS goes IPv6!

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Feb 22 09:40:50 EST 2006

> You are much more optimistic than I. I'd prefer to actually see a
> viable approach (or outline of an approach) than just assume "we'll
> figure it out somehow." Been there, done that.

Then you are asking for ARIN to be the IETF. Sorry to
disappoint you but that is not in our charter.

I am merely suggesting an intelligent algorithm for allocating
these IPv6 PI blocks. It is within ARIN's power to adopt a
particular algorithm and to request, from IANA, the address
space needed to manage the address space according to a new
algorithm. It has been done before.

--Michael Dillon