[ppml] Proposed Policy: Capturing Originations in Templates

sandy at tislabs.com sandy at tislabs.com
Thu Feb 16 20:54:21 EST 2006

>The issue is that RRs at least in North America are run separate from
>registrars and there is no way to be certain that whoever entered
>something in RR is authorized to have done it.

And I forgot to mention the currency problem --

RIR run IRRs have another advantage in currency - they can be purged
of registered objects when the associated resources are reclaimed or
returned or transfered, etc.

non-RIR IRRs and IRRs registering objects for non-member resources
would have trouble staying current with that sort of info.

Of course, RR objects have even bigger currency problems already.
Why isn't there a sunshine law/ ttl/ timeout for RR objects, anyway?

--Sandy