[ppml] New Alternative Text... was: version thought

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 16 18:41:11 EST 2006

--On February 16, 2006 10:24:46 AM -0500 Glenn Wiltse <iggy at merit.edu>
wrote:

>    Current IPv4 plolicy says 25% imediate use, 50% within a year. I used
> the number needed within a year...  I'm certianly willing to accept just
> about any number that would allow for consenus, what ever that would
> be... I just wanted to avoid the use of a pointer to IPv4 policy, so
> needed a number.

OK... My point was that 50% of a /22 (current IPv4 policy) is a 510 hosts.
I can accept any number <=1024 as well, so, I think we're making good
progress here.  Perhaps we can do shows of hands to gauge consensus on
this at the various levels.

> That would be great if you could present both, perticularly
> of AC, BOT, and Kevin would all agree that was OK.

Well... What I was really suggesting was splitting our time and Kevin
and/or I would present the current 2005-1 and you could present yours
for side-by-side comparison and consensus.  I'm willing to do whatever
works for the group in general.

Owen