[ppml] alternative to 2005-1

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Feb 9 15:18:28 EST 2006

Hi,

On Feb 9, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Scott Leibrand wrote:
>> Note: a /22 is only 2^10 addresses, or 1024. That's a pretty darn
>> small
>> site, if you ask me.
> So what?  We give them a routing slot for IPv4.  Why shouldn't they
> get
> one in IPv6?

One of the arguments back in IPng days was that one of the benefits
of IPng would be we'd be able to start with a clean slate in terms of
routing and all the historical mistakes made with IPv4 wouldn't be
repeated.

Rgds,
-drc
--------
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent the
opinions of any organization I may be a part of.  So there.