[ppml] 2005-1 status

Martin Hannigan hannigan at renesys.com
Thu Feb 2 20:12:10 EST 2006

>On 02/02/06 at 10:50am -0500, Kevin Loch <kloch at hotnic.net> wrote:
>
>>  Right now getting two /48's up and running is easier said than done, and
>>  probably not free (at least not for long).  If you wanted to make it
>>  nearly impossible you could require native connections. Another way to
>>  limit it would be to require the /48's to be from ARIN LIR's.  There's
>>  only about 73 of those online right now.
>
>So something like this?
>
>         3) Be currently multihomed using native IPv6 connectivity to two
>            or more separate ARIN LIR's using at least one /48 assigned to
>            them by each LIR.

Scott:

Requiring native connectivity is not neutral. It turns this
policy into a market-maker for immediate IPV6 domination by
a few networks and I am opposed to it's inclusion. It also
denies near-term access to millions who would otherwise
benefit from PI space and neutrality. Moving to IPV6 is
going to be a capital intensive excercise regardless of
forced native connectivity. Massaging the failure of IPV6
isn't in our interest, IMO.

Thanks for your comments, I have found them very productive
and stimulating.

[ checks the for hot tamales in eudora...good none :-) ]

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574
                                               hannigan at renesys.com