[ppml] IPv6 address as a Globally Unique ID?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Wed Feb 1 14:13:16 EST 2006

Martin,

On Feb 1, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> I think a clarification should requested first. That clarification
> should ask whether the cards are intended to interface with the
> network, or not. If they are, they are technically devices and if
> someone
> decides to utilize them as unique identifierfor a secondary
> purpose, I'm
> not sure that it's a problem.

If they are intended to be connected to the network and the addresses
are assigned to the person, then it would be a problem (assuming
provider-based routing is still the routing paradigm in use).

Rgds,
-drc
--------
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent the
opinions of any organization I may be a part of.  So there.